Thursday, February 9, 2017

How Often?

I was reading an article online where people tell the honest average within their relationships and why that is the average. One thing I noticed was that most of the couples with lower averages, say under once a week, had excuses as to why they did not have more sex. Only one couple mentioned something that I have learned after 15 years with Master, something He has taken the time and patience to teach me, a lesson I tend to forget once in a while. Sex is not the only way to be intimate with your partner.
For many years, probably because of my past, I equated our average with Master's affection for me and His attraction to me. When our average was lower I took it as a personal slight, that He did not care for me or He did not find me attractive. I took it so personally that I will admit I caused arguments over it. How petty, I know.
At the time, what was going on with Master did not even enter into my thoughts, it was all about me and how I thought He felt about ME. If I could go back in time and redo something, it would be those thoughts in my head. I would have understood more that it had nothing to do with me physically or Master's affection for me. I would have been more understanding of how Master was feeling, mentally. I was too wrapped up in my own mind to think about His feelings and for that I will always be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment